Friday, January 28, 2011

My New Toy

After a couple months considering whether or not I wanted to buy an iPad, I decided to get a Samsung Galaxy Tablet.  I've been mulling over the decision for the last 2 months and then in the last two weeks the momentum just became too great to resist.  I finally broke down yesterday and bought the Galaxy.

I was originally going to wait for the Adam by Notion Ink (an Indian start-up) but I got tired of waiting for them to get their product through FCC approval.  Additionally, I decided that I wanted something smaller that could fit in my jacket pocket.  The Adam comes in at 10 inches, slightly bigger than the iPad.  I also considered waiting for the iPad 2, but couldn't want to wait until April (the supposed release date).

So why the Galaxy over the iPad?  First off, as I just said, I wanted something smaller.  At 7 inches, the Galaxy fits in my pocket, where the iPad with its 9 inch screen is just a little too big.  Other selling points for the Galaxy were the removable/expandable microsSD card, the front and rear mounted cameras, and its ability to run flash applications.

I spent a lot of time justifying this purchase and after owning it now for 24 hours, I think it was a good purchase  I think that the tablets have a ways to go yet and perhaps when I'm ready to upgrade in 2 years the products will be more mature.  For now, I'm happy that I bought it.  (and am now addicted to Angry Birds)

No comments: