Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lobster Stop

Due to a labour dispute at Aer Lingus, I had to take an alternate route home on Friday.  The route included a layover in Boston for 3 hours.  But the good thing is that I made it home - albeit 7 hours later than I would have been home if the direct flight from Dublin to Chicago wasn't canceled.

Anytime there is a customer service opportunity like this, I like to ask for a little extra.  Originally, I was going to ask for a free upgrade to business class (I think they would have done it considering my frequent flyer status).  However, I spotted a colleague of mine near the back of the line (and the line was not moving quickly ) so I asked if they could book my colleague on the same flights.  Aer Lingus were good enough to help him out.

So it was nice to have a colleague and friend on the same route.   He was appreciative of the time I saved him and the fact that he'd be getting back home to see his pregnant wife.  We had some lobster and beer at the Boston airport before flying back in to Chicago.  It was a good time and it was good getting to know him a little better.  But still, it was a long day.

No comments: