Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bear Down, It's Playoff Time!

I will freely admit that I am surprised with my Chicago Bears' performance this season.  At the beginning of the season, I had them picked to win only 5 or 6 games.  They've surprised me and won twice that AND secured the second seed in the NFC playoffs, which comes with a coveted bye week .  This means that while the Eagles play the Packers and the Seahawks host the Saints, the Bears (and the Falcons) get to take an extra week to heal and prepare for their first playoff game.

This season has been a very odd one and I give Lovie Smith a lot of credit for what he's done.  They've gotten better every week of the season.  He's not an exciting coach, but he deserves kudos for what he's accomplished.  He already deserves coach of the year, and will deserve it more so if the Bears make any noise in the playoffs.  He's given me reason to be a cautious optimist.

It is with such cautious optimism that I approach the NFL playoffs.  I want the Bears to win the Super Bowl and I think that they can do it.  The only problem is I also believe they have the ability to get blown out at home against the likes of the Saints or the Eagles.  So, Bear Down, Chicago Bears and give your fans reason to drop the caution and become carefree optimists!  Take us to the Super Bowl and win it!

No comments: