Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Last Weekend Completed

Last Friday, I listed a bunch of things I wanted to do over the weekend.  The weekend went a little differently than planned.  After getting some feedback on the Literary Pub Crawl, we (myself and a few colleagues) decided that we didn't want to do it.  Engage the backup plan:  Dublin Ghost Bus Tour.

Uh-oh, we didn't book ahead of time for the Ghost Bus Tour and both tours were already booked for the night.  What was the backup to the backup?  We didn't have one, so we made it up as we went:  Progressive dinner at three out of the four places that I wanted to eat at before I left:  Yamamuri, Fallon & Byrne, and The Port House.

At Yamamuri we had excellent sushi - but an even more excellent Plum Sake Martini - for starters. We were under dressed for Fallon & Byrne, but their main courses were great.  Dessert at The Port House was my favorite and I ended up going back for tapas lunch on Sunday. 

On Saturday, I did get to feed the seals at Howth one last time (and managed a visit to the Antique Radio Museum).  Sunday was so beautiful that I couldn't justify going to indoor exhibits.  Instead I walked all over Dublin one last time visiting places like Merrion Square, St. Stephen's Green, The Docklands, The Point (and a ride on the Ferris Wheel), Grafton Street and Temple Bar.  Once the sun went down, I did manage a visit to Ireland's National Leprechaun Museum (fun but not worth 10 euro).

The cherry on top of the weekend was a Bears victory over the Seahawks.  Bring on the Pack!

No comments: